Practice & Nets
**NEW for 2022**
Adult nets for 2022 will be on Sunday mornings from 9am-12pm at St Gregory the Great School (map below) and will run for 12 weeks from Sunday January 9th.
Nets will be on; January 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, February 6th, 20th, 27th (the school need the hall for exams on Feb 13th), March 6th, 13th, 20th 27th.
The pay as you go cost of individual sessions will be £7.50 (payable by Spond), however, if you pay £50 up front by bank transfer, all 11 sessions are paid for, (i.e. £4.5 per session).
Our new outdoor nets at Cutteslowe Park are now open and available for use.
Booking procedure and rulesNets are booked via a Google Calendar. All active players have been sent a link to the Calendar to make bookings. If this hasn’t worked for you, please contact . Sessions pre-booked for WCC are open to all members, except the Friday evening sessions, which are reserved for youth membership. If you would like to book a session and invite others to join you, please book and advertise (perhaps on the club’s WhatsApp group). If you book a session then you are responsible for opening and closing the nets and making sure the nets are used according to the net rules. The last player out must also make sure the nets are locked and left tidy. Please report any issues to . On arrival, you are required to sign in using the QR code. Codes to access the nets will be emailed to members periodically.
- Warm up before your train!
- Check nets for damage before starting to bat each time a new batsman enters.
- Watch the nets at all times do not turn your back including walking back from bowling!
- Use a bat to retrieve balls in the side netting, or hold side netting back to protect your head when bending down.
- Batsmen should make sure no spent balls are on the mat before another ball is bowled
- Do not bowl until the previous bowler is out of the net and the batsman is ready
- Wear protective equipment when batting in nets.
- Be aware of others when batting, no unannounced slogging practice!
- Always do your best to offer quality training to others.
- Help at the beginning and end of sessions with setting up and putting away equipment, many hands make light work…