1st XI With Barkat sequestered away in deepest darkest Wales for the weekend vice captain Brian won the toss on an overcast morning at Cutteslowe and asked Kidlington to bat first. On a fast and true Cutteslowe track (yes, you… Read More »Cherwell League 4th September: The Final Accounting
1st XI Match Summary From the vantage point of Boars Hill, the 1’s watched the rain clouds scudding through the Thames Valley and counted themselves lucky not to lose more than 4 overs to showers. Inserted by W&BH, the 1’s… Read More »Cherwell League 7 August: Victims of Zeus & Tyche
1st XI Match abandoned – incident documented in The Sun Match Scorecard 2nd XI Match Scorecard 3rd XI On a day when there was a 60% chance of rain the 3’s were very grateful for the 40% as the skies… Read More »Cherwell League 24 July: An arresting episode
2nd XI An early start to avoid the Silverstone traffic saw the Potterbus brimming with Wolves. Our opponents sat mid table but we knew little about them as the first game was rained off. Rich duly won the toss and… Read More »Cherwell League 17 July: Coles on Fire!
1st XI On an overcast day, an important toss was won by Toby after Barkat and Brian were delayed. Minster reported this to be their 9th lost toss in a row and Wolves elected to bowl. Opening bowler Rahul was… Read More »Cherwell League 10 July: The Holy Grail!
1st XI Starting early at Kidlington (midday!) to try and finish in time for the football, the 1’s won the toss and elected to field. After a couple of early breakthroughs the Kidlington number 3 rode his luck all the… Read More »Cherwell League 3 July: Its coming home early (to get to the pub)
First XI Match Summary Yesterday the 1’s registered a solid win away at Eynsham despite some debate as to which side of the Eynsham roundabout the ground was actually on. Bowling first, the 1’s restricted the home side to 115… Read More »Cherwell League 19 Jun: Three quarters there
1st XI The 1’s had a torrid day vs the combined might of East and West Hendred at Cutteslowe Park. Fielding first the 1’s found themselves chasing 267 as E&W declared in the 50th over for 9 wickets down. E&W… Read More »Cherwell League 12 June: Win, Lose, Draw
1st XI This week, in glorious weather, the first XI played Wootton and Boars Hill at Cutteslowe, Barkat won the toss and elected to bat. Babbs and Child put on a brisk opening partnership 29 after which the innings stuttered… Read More »Cherwell League 5 Jun: First win for the 4s!